Heat

Heat

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Nothing really. A masterclass across the board. One of my favorites of all-time and re-watching it from time to time you can't help but notice how soooooo many other films since have used this as an outline for their films. Mann's direction is on point from start to finish and while it does have a longer run-time than your average Hollywood movie, it is needed here in order to really get into these characters lives and it never once has me looking to see how much time is left.

Going down the cast is ridiculous as well. Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, Val Kilmer, Diane Venora, Amy Brenneman, Ashley Judd, Tom Sizemore, Mykelti Williamson, Ted Levine, Wes Studi, Natalie Portman, Tom Noonan, Jon Voight, Dennis Haysbert, Xander Berkeley, Ricky Harris, Kevin Gage, Jeremy Piven, Tone Loc, Danny Trejo, William Fichtner, Henry Rollins, Hank Azaria...and they are all great. Say what you will about Pacino and his style, but in this film I think his signature "blow-ups" work more than ever before. They just fit his character perfectly.

Ok...we're in agreement...this is the good stuff...everyone knows...everyone loves it...now GO WATCH IT AGAIN!!

tj_mackey432 liked these reviews