Forrest Gump ★★★★★

Tom Hanks plays the sweet, lovable savant Forrest Gump as he goes through his life and takes viewers along the historical ride. His deep love for his friends and his momma (Sally Field). running, meeting his beloved and broken friend Jenny (Robin Wright), running, Vietnam, running, ping pong and running, running and more running. A trip through the 60s and 70s, complete with an awesome supporting music soundtrack.

Directed by Robert Zemeckis with an entertaining script based on the novel by Winston Groom, which finds Gump comedically becoming a part of many historical events, whether he is standing in a famous background photo or video or live appearance.

It's been at least 10 years since I last watched this movie. Too long, as this one deserves watching at least once every couple years. I was away long enough to re-appreciate the beauty. One of those endearing fictional character stories with amazing depth and brilliant acting by Hanks at the title character and supporting actor Gary Sinise as Lieutenant Dan and Jenny's wayward journey from a life of abuse and misery to understand the man who never stops loving her.

All we want as viewers is to see Forrest be happy in life, to get what he always wants, loves and deserves. Highly recommended.

Todd Russell liked these reviews