Zombieland: Double Tap ★★★

We caught the very first showing at 7:20pm at the Cinebarre in Salem, Oregon. Dinner portion was good food. The theater was about 70% full. Neither of us have seen the first Zombieland.

Our Zombieland: Double Tap Video Review

I thought the horror comedy, which started literally during the opening credits was fun in a campy sort of way. Woody Harrelson as Tallahasse was good, Emma Stone seems older than I thought she was, but she played her part of the girlfriend Witchita well. I guess these actors returned from the first one.

The movie itself was a bit of an adventure from one location to another, killing zombies in often creative ways along the way. I liked the backdrop of The White House as "home" and there were some humorous scenes inside. There was a noticeably slow section just past the middle section where it seemed like the film just was meandering.

After seeing the movie I asked Kara what she thought, and bear in mind that horror is one of her least favorite genres, she said it was two stars and not very good. I found it to be more enjoyable, and would rate 3.5 out of 5 stars. Averaging our reviews together that is 2.75 stars and am rounding up to three. This one is tough to recommend being we were sort of deadlocked on the rating. Can't compare it to the first one, because again we didn't see that, but as a standalone it was somewhat entertaining. More so for me than Kara, although sat next to another younger couple and they both seemed to enjoy. Some people in the theater clapped at the end. Younger audience might be a better demographic fit (we are 50+).

Todd Russell liked these reviews