Wanna have some fun?
Here's a list of 30 movie challenges, inspired by the way I think. Pick 10. Any order. It doesn't matter if you review or not. Just have fun. If you do review, Tag your reviews "Todd Gaines." You can start whenever. I guess we will end this in the end of August. If you make a list, post the link in this list, & I'll add you. By making your own list, it helps you keep up with all who are playing. Also, this is a really fun way to get to know some people I might not know so well. And, possibly, a way for some of you to get to know the "Real Todd Gaines." Don't be afraid to make a list. I promise I don't bite. (too hard.)
Some of the movies are listed. Some you have to do a sorta "scavenger hunt." I'll include examples, but you don't have to use the one I use for the scavenger hunt like movies. You can find your own if you want, and you can ask for other suggestions from me as well
Why only 10 movies? Hell, I only do around 10 reviews a month, I can't expect you to do any more. But, if you want to do all 30, go for it.
1. A review for any movie where you use the variation of the word "fuck" at least 13 times.
2. A movie about a wolf of any kind, since some think I'm the Big Bad Wolf of Letterboxd, since I huff & puff & blow your reviews off the front page.
3. A movie about a troll. Since it's more fun to watch a movie about a troll, than interact with one.
4. A movie about a stripper.
5. A movie with "Bikini" in its title.
6. Watch "Gridlocked", my favorite action movie of year.
7. An Andy Sidaris movie. Do yourself a favor & buy the 12 film Andy collection on DVD. It will be the best $5 you've ever spent.
8. A movie starring Prince.
9. A movie featuring Matt Hannon as Joe Marshall, the Samurai Cop.
10. A movie about strong ganja.
11. A movie listed on my favorite movies list
12. A movie listed on my Gen X horror list
13. A movie listed on my favorite mullets list
14. A movie listed on my blinded by nostalgia list
15. A movie listed on my movies you should watch list, aka, Real Todd Gaines Movies
16. A Razzie Worst Picture Winner. Here's a list of Razzie winners i've seen
17. A movie directed by Sam Peckinpah.
18. A movie directed by John Carpenter.
19. A movie directed by Fernando Di Leo.
20. A WiP movie (women in prison)
21. A 90's neo-noir
22. 80's T & A movie
23. Watch Sorority House Massacre 2. Proof, not all sequels suck.
24. Any movie starring Tom fuckin' Atkins!
25. A movie starring Warren Oates.
26. Watch "Next Day Air". One of the most underrated movies of all time.
27. Watch Go. (1999)
28. Watch The Good, The Bad, The Weird.
29. Watch a "Die Hard" concept movie.
30. Watch the Care Bears Movie (1985)
Letterboxd members playing:
Anthony Le, Arielrocks5, Sal, Jonathan Case, Ninty64X, TajLV, Milo, Mikey Brzezinski, TannyRT, Gex, Gabriel Lewis, Modest Squidbeast, TJ Peloquin, Pete Gatt, GeoffT, Sir William Blake, cblaze, Jayce Fryman, Lars Sieval, Anthony Leroy, MandelBroSet, Daniel Henderson, soupydoupyy, Andy Summers, Reelz, Louis-Charles, oh_dae_su, twodark, Jasmeet, Harry Ridgway, Darren Fx, Cinemonster, Thomas Ringdal, nikpollutra,
Jaime Rebanal, Silent J, Rhonda Kasperek,
Chris Purdie, Jeremiah Dollins, Milez Das, Dale Nauertz, Tarryn-tino, Thomas Hill, Dan D, Armando Vanegas, Alistair Ryder, Matt,
Zackary Bender, Tarantinoguy97, RoboYakuza, Axel Djärv, ARito,
Brendan Michaels, Dex, Reed,
Yosmel Araujo, Jeremy Reviews, Jack Gaffney, Senior Tom, Neglify19, Rosie,
Roemilca, Gabe Danvers, Lucas Vicentini, David Lawrence, Evan Whitford
Have fun, yo!