Parasite ★★★★★

Okay holy shit, i think it's gonna take a while for me to actually process what i just experienced but i'm gonna try my best to write a coherent review.
As a non native english speaker, it took me a while to start watching movies in english with subtitles but once i got used to it, i just stopped watching movies dubbed and i loved the experience of films in their original language, i've tried watching stuff in other languages like that show skam and cold war last year but i managed to easily zone out but after hearing Bong's speech at the globes, i was ready to force myself to focus 100% on this film and i'm so fucking glad i did, i feel like i truly opened up a door to films and i'm not gonna hesitate to watch films that aren't in english or spanish, there's truly so many foreign language films out there and i'm really excited to watch them.
Anyway, Bong Joon-ho has literally the mind of a master mind, every single aspect of this film was so perfectly pieced together and you can tell how well thought out it was, from the setting, the narrative, the development of the characters and the way the story just managed to flow, it was all perfect, i truly felt like i was pulled into the story from the very first scene and at one point i didn't want the story to end but that ending was so satisfying, this truly is one of the best films i've ever seen and i'm so ready to see it sweep at the oscars.

pudge liked these reviews