The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot ★★½

“Nothing like the comic book you want it to be.”

Wise words spoken by the great Sam Elliott because this thing is insane! What do I mean by that? Insanely confusing, insanely irritating, and also insanely entertaining! Is it trying to be all of those things? I don’t even know, and that is insane!
The movie is original - I give it that. Sam Elliott is awesome because Sam Elliott is awesome! Larry Miller has the face of a sea creature, and he has not aged well. Ron Livingston is barely in the movie, but he does have one of the best parts when he just shrugs off some vital information!
The editing is attrociously laughable especially when there are 3 cuts in 3 seconds, and an amazing right zoom-in on Sam Elliott! Not to mention that there is a shaving scene that may leave one utterly confused because that is certainly the case in my watch party!
Is this movie trying to be serious? Maybe. I don’t know for sure. Is it trying to be fun and dumb? Maybe. I don’t know for sure. Is trying to figure any of this out while actually watching the movie entertaining? Yes! That I know for sure! (Thus right down the middle for a rating.)