Cannibal Holocaust

Cannibal Holocaust ★★★★½

VHS HELL #75

*Robert Kerman being fondled by cannibal women in a river*

What to even say about this masterpiece that hasn’t been said? RIP Robert Kerman btw, we lost this dilf not too long ago. Obviously it’s necessary to address the elephant in the room; the animal deaths aren’t necessary or enjoyable at all, but they’re there, so unless you have the cruelty-free version offered on the Grindhouse disc, it’s something you just kind of have to drudge through. My dad forced me to hunt with him when I was much younger, like 12-14, so it’s not super shocking to me, but that’s because I’m desensitized to it, but if a movie were made in this vein today, I’d probably still be offended. I guess what I mean is that it’s a reminder of a bygone era where this wasn’t such a big deal, and for that reason, I’m glad it’s something we can learn from and evolve. The gore is all excellent, but I mean, with a title like Cannibal Holocaust, how could it not be. I used to say this was a contender for my top ten movies, and it isn’t anymore because I’ve found much better movies since then, but it’s still magnificent and an essential watch.

“I wonder who the real cannibals are..”

Kodiak liked these reviews