A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving ★★★

After enduring Garfield's Thanksgiving, my friend and I moved onto A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. We discovered that it upheld the other special's position that Thanksgiving is about getting Grandma to cook for everyone, and that the holiday is all about hooking up. How we never realized these themes before, we don't know.

Yet, here we have Peppermint Patty inviting herself to Charlie Brown's, and bringing along Marcy and Franklin because Patty likes to party (know what I mean?). Unlike the Garfield special, at least the Peanuts gang actually do focus on Thanksgiving issues and themes instead of just using it as a contrived backdrop. There are some serious behavioral questions raised, though, like "Do any of these kids have manners?" "Where are their parents?" "Why do the Browns own so many toasters?"

How A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Entered My Flickchart (#/1599)

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving < The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad --> #1591
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving > The Sign of Four: Sherlock Holmes' Greatest Case --> #1200
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving < The Smurfs: The Legend of Smurfy Hollow --> #1200
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving < Failure to Launch --> #1200
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving > Men Against the Arctic --> #1150
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving > Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer --> #1125
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving > The Natural --> #1113