Garfield's Thanksgiving

I'm sure I saw Garfield's Thanksgiving when it first aired, but neither my friend or I could remember a thing from it. So, it turns out that Jon Arbuckle isn't just bad at flirting; he's an outright creep who doesn't respect Dr. Liz Wilson's boundaries and sees Garfield's veterinarian as a trophy to win by wearing her down. He doesn't even respect her enough to address her as she requests (as "Dr. Wilson"), insisting on calling her by her first name. (Why isn't she also seeing Odie?)

It turns out that Thanksgiving is all about hooking up, and getting Grandma to make the dinner - and then get out of the house without even getting to partake in the feast she prepared! Why isn't Dr. Wilson visiting with her own family on Thanksgiving? How come Jon isn't visiting his own Grandma? How come Grandma is willing and able to dash over and make Jon and Dr. Wilson a Thanksgiving feast? If I ever called my grandmother and asked her to make a feast so that I could impress a woman, and add that she needed to not let on that she was there, and to get out as soon as the food was ready...that would not go well. At all.

This isn't a celebration of Thanksgiving. This is a public service announcement about how not to try to date women. It's not entertaining, and it even manages to be insulting. Here's some trivia, though: The voice of Grandma is Pat Carroll, who voiced Ursula in Disney's The Little Mermaid.

How Garfield's Thanksgiving Entered My Flickchart