Outlaw Justice ★★

I plucked this DVD out of the $5 bin once upon a time. Though I'd watched and reviewed it already, I can't be sure of the date so I decided to revisit it tonight as part of my library audit. It's just as cliched and generic as I remembered it being. There are, however, three pluses:

1) Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson - If you're not a fan of at least one of these two, there's no reason to even bother with the movie. Without them, I give this movie one star at best. If, however, like me you are a fan of theirs, it's kinda fun to watch their chemistry and senses of humor.

2) The score by Jay Gruska, while by no means a masterpiece, has the right breezy flavor and perfectly complements the picture. No one is trying to reinvent the wheel, so there's no need for a particularly layered score.

3) There's a genuinely nice scene about two-thirds of the way through the movie, where our protagonists happen upon a small town harangued by the baddie as a means of getting their attention. They take the time to help the villagers repair their church, before resuming their path to the inevitable showdown. In my more cynical moods, I would find it saccharine, but tonight I simply found it endearing.

How Outlaw Justice Entered My Flickchart

Outlaw Justice < Betsy's Wedding --> #1620
Outlaw Justice < Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation! --> #1620
Outlaw Justice > Flushed Away --> #1425