Paperman ★★★½

I'd heard good things about Wreck-It Ralph and better things about Paperman, but hadn't seen either. My niece was adamant that I see the former, so after we returned from seeing Monsters University, we checked three Redboxes until we found one that had Wreck-It Ralph. (I have it on good authority that I am the best uncle in the world.)

Paperman is indeed charming and likable, though I'm not in the right place emotionally to be completely won over by it. I'm lonely and bitter and I kept hoping one of those paper airplanes would give him a papercut or that a cop would bust him for littering or some kind of bad thing would befall this persistent litterbug. Instead, he becomes frustrated before abandoning his job in hopes of finding this woman about whom he knows absolutely nothing.

I'd love to hear their conversation at the end.

HER: "So, what do you do?"
HIM: "I'm pretty sure I just got fired, actually."
HER: "What happened?"
HIM: "I just had to get hold of you."
HER: "..."

A restraining order and alcoholism follow. Now that's the cut of this short I wanted to see.

How Paperman Entered My Flickchart

Paperman < The Man Who Wasn't There --> #1528
Paperman > Silver Blaze --> #1153
Paperman > Iron Man 2 --> #961
Paperman > Friday the 13th, Part 2 --> #865
Paperman < Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets --> #865
Paperman > The Ladykillers (2004) --> #841

Paperman < I'll Wait for the Next One --> #841
Thesis vs. Antithesis! I'm bitter these days, so I'LL WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE speaks to me in a way that a stalkerish litterbug doesn't.

Paperman > My Super Ex-Girlfriend --> #835