The first movie I ever bought for myself—saved up all summer and purchased it along with a TV/VCR combo from Service Merchandise. I still remember the packages coming down from the 2nd floor department store conveyor belt.
I love the book(s) and I love what Denis Villeneuve and team have accomplished—couldn’t ask for more. Thoughts after first viewing:
* how’d they establish the politics, environment, culture, and sci-if terminology so smoothly!?
* that spaceship is the coolest I have ever seen
* oh no that one! is it made of concrete!? stone?!
* mmmmm architecture and texture and light
* look at all these massive doors!
* look at all these massive doors on spaceships!