This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
Timothy Smith’s review published on Letterboxd:
This review may contain spoilers.
• It still felt like Star Wars without the crawl.
• The score is ok. Michael Giacchino did a great job making it feel like Star Wars within the time he had to do it.
• Understanding what the Death Star is made with was cool.
• I don’t think we’ve visited so many places in one Star Wars movie.
• Felicity Jones and Diego Luna are amazing in this movie.
• Vader. Oh my goodness. Vader, people. Vader. Vader.
• I wanted more Vader.
• James Earl Jones came back for Vader, and it was an awesome… 2 scenes 😭.
• This story adds so much context to A New Hope.
• Leia’s motion capture face is terrible.
• The first two acts are a bit slow, and unfortunately don’t use the time to give more information about the supporting characters.
• Everyone dies. Everyone. That was a surprise for me, but made sense.
• All in all, I really liked it, but The Force Awakens is still my favorite of the recent Star Wars movies.