Zack Snyder's Justice League

Zack Snyder's Justice League ★★

2021
HBO Max

"Evil does not sleep. It waits."

Wow, what a surprise. It's not that good. Who could have seen this coming?

I previously made a joke review that involves the Nostalgia Critic making an appearance that were removed by Letterboxd then was restored, but not after I edited it into "A moderator has removed this review because someone decided to be a snitch", so now the Nostalgia Critic part is gone. Now, the day has come and I finally watched it all the way through, and unsurprisingly, it's very mediocre.

First of all, it does not deserve its 4 hour runtime. It overstays its welcome really fucking fast, and it's filled with slow-mo scenes, since this is a Zack Snyder movie.

Second of all, it's fucking boring. I was barely even engaged during the first hour and a half and I completely lost interest. The pacing is just so fucking awful, and the action sequences are kind of all over the place.

Third, Ezra Miller was annoying as fuck. I swear to god he reminded me of Robin in Batman and Robin.

However, I'm not sure if I would consider this a bad movie, since there were some things I liked about the movie, such as the ending, some great cinematography, and Willem Dafoe is awesome as he always is. I also really liked the tribute Zack Snyder made to his daughter, who unfortunately took her own life, and there's a billboard for a suicide prevention organization that I'm not sure was in the original.

Overall, it's a 2/5. It was way too long and was very boring despite some great cinematography.

Also, Joker is barely in this movie, and he doesn't even say "We live in a society", which was VERY disappointing.

Robert liked these reviews