Avengers: Infinity War

Avengers: Infinity War ★★★★★

2...Weeks...later
(After release of Endgame)

Hi everybody, we writing this review purposely after watching the conclusion „Endgame“, to see if this movie is still so enjoyable to watch, like before? It definitely is, not without reason this film is on number 12 of „Our Top 111 favorite movies“ list and we, the two cineasts, assemble to our third common review. In the 19th Movie of the MCU, it’s all about the epic war of the Avengers against Thanos and the destiny of the universe.

"We're in the Endgame now."
(Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange)

And still it entertains like the first time, not self evident, because not every MCU film holds that level.
This motion picture is pop corn cinema at it’s finest. There is no further introduction, that‘s why the action can start in the first seconds right after the events of „Thor Ragnarok“. Different to „Endgame“ this pic is an absolute action non stop firework and increase constantly to the marvel-ous final, with a never before cliffhanger. The reason why „Infinity War“ has such a high standing for us is mostly thanks to the most complex fantasy villain we ever allowed to experience since Darth Vader’s first entrance.

We were waiting 6 years since his first appearance at the end of „The Avengers“. The expectations were so high, for such a long time the character was introduced in a really unorthodox way. Right from the beginning, we knew this character will be something special. Despite to the conventional disposable bad guys from previous marvel pictures, who get a short introduction, this villain gets more time to have a bigger impact. In this Movie and the follow up „Endgame“, we see the full plan behind this groundbreaking project, never before, not even in „Bond“, so many movies were connected and leads to this two films explosion.

I know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately that you’re right, yet to fail nonetheless. As lightning turns the legs to jelly. I ask you to what end? Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same. And now, it’s here. Or should I say, I am.
(Josh Brolin as Thanos)

The Russo brothers had no irrelevant share of this success to building this immense universe, so many others like the DC universe are jealous for this accomplishment and try to copy it, but no one reached their level yet. They set new standards within the MCU, for example with our number 13 in the mentioned list, Captain America: Winter Soldier and even topped everything seen before with this movie.

Like we know now „Endgame“ Tops them all.

With this magic trick of storytelling, that every character has it’s own film or appears multiple times, the Russo brothers allows themselves to start wherever they want. A mentionable matter of fact that after we watched both Avengers movies we consider that every character gets enough screentime in the films. We recommend to see the movies as one big adventure, like „The Lord of the Rings“. Not only because „Endgame“ ties directly on to the plot, rather they complement each other perfectly.

One sentence to the technical aspects of this masterpiece: It doesn’t get much better than this!
Especially the visual effects. Almost every scene has an effect from landscapes over animated characters to CGI action, even if you’re no fan of over sized green screen in film, you have to acknowledge how neatly this achievement is. Better as all the competitors could do. The casting is commonly known, we already witnessed the characterization of every figure in the „universe“. Only one is new and outstanding in his making and performance, it’s Josh Brolins magnificent interpretation of the Infinity stone collector. The motion capturing of Thanos is the most finest work since „Gollum“ and „Ceasar“ by Andy Serkis. But without a good actor behind the mask, the best effects are worth nothing. Josh Brolin already demonstrated his versatility acting countless times. Most villains of the MCU like Malekith seem not only because Thanos power like clowns rather than the comprehensive reasons Thanos has and how deep he is staged. In our opinion Josh Brolin would had deserved an Academy Award nominations for acting.

Like we already said in our „Avengers Endgame“ review, it suffers no second from the events in „Endgame“ like many expect. Nearly three hours of high speed entertaining are guaranteed and there are not many movies that can keep that level. Big recommendation from us the „Two Cineasts“...SNAP.

Two Cineasts liked these reviews