If Anything Happens I Love You

If Anything Happens I Love You ★★★★½

Film reviews in 22 sentences (or less)
Today: If Anything Happens I Love You

Hi everybody, this film may be short, but within just devastating 12 minutes of an emotional, heartbreaking story I pretty much felt empty and broken. If you have ever lost someone close in your life, if you have ever loved someone from the bottom of your heart you will feel the gut-wrenching pain as if this story of grief affects you personally. Despite the fact of being (gorgeously) animated it surpasses the fictional world and becomes more real and realistic than any other films with only slightly similar topics. Every single second is filled with beautifully composed substance and sense. An obituary to life that simply matters. After I shed the first tear it was a feeling of cold loneliness, with the next ones I just felt lost and at the end.... hope. A rollercoaster of emotions in such a short time. What a great storytelling. With its exceedingly relevant message and captivating imagery, "If Anything Happens I Love You" perfectly combines meaning and art.

"The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief - But the pain of grief isonly a shadow when compared with the pain of never risking love."
(Hillary Stanton Zunin)