Dredd ★★★★★

FUCK. PROPER REVIEW SOON.

*EDIT*

OKAY I HAVE FINISHED RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE SCREAMING. DREDD IS FUCKING AWESOME, FORGET STALLONE FORGET EVERYTHING AND JUST GO SEE THIS IMMEDIATELY.

Where to even start? The 3D? I was kinda bummed that there was no 2D option for this but the 3D was bearable and in places LOOKED FUCKING COOL. The slo-mo, the soundtrack, JESUS CHRIST EVERYTHING. EVERYYTHING WAS SO BEAUTIFUL. How the fuck they managed to get a dingy film to look so lush and rich with colour is BEYOND ME. The direction is impeccable. There's a bit where some flames are reflected in Dredd's helmet and it was CRAZY COOL and there were little bits like that all through the film.

I'm sorry for all these spelling mistakes but I am totally freaking out!! This is as close as I have come to watching something like the 80s action filsm I love so much. The one liners, the mindless violence, man I can't even describe how great this is.

AND ACTUAL COOL, LIKE REALLY FUCKING AWESOME FEMALE CHARACTERS? YOU ARE SERIOUSLY SPOILING ME.

OKAY SO, IN CONCLUSION FUCK YES! SEE THSI ASAP. I HAVE TO GO HAVE A LIE DOWN AND BOOK MY NEXT SHOWING TO SEE THIS MOTHERFUCKER AGAIN.

robyn liked these reviews