Hereditary ★★★★

Toni Collette, Hereditary: Don't you swear at me - you little shit! You don’t EVER raise your voice at me! I'm your mother, you understand? I've given everything to you! All I ever DO is worry and slave and defend you, and all I get back is that fucking face on your face! So full of disdain and resentment and always so annoyed. Well, now your sister's dead! And I know you miss her and I know it was an “accident” and I know you're in pain - and I wish I could take it all away! I wish I could shield you from the knowledge that you did what you did - but your sister is dead. She's gone forever. And what a waste. If it could’ve maybe brought us together - something! - if you could have just said “I’m sorry” or faced up to what happened: maybe then we could do something with this! But you can’t take responsibility for anything, so now I can’t accept. And I can’t forgive. Because nobody admits what they’ve done!

Steve Martin, Planes, Trains, & Automobiles: You can start by wiping that fucking dumb-ass smile off your rosy fucking cheeks! And you can give me a fucking automobile: a fucking Datsun, a fucking Toyota, a fucking Mustang, a fucking Buick! Four fucking wheels and a seat! And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of fucking nowhere with fucking keys to a fucking car that isn't fucking there. And I really didn't care to fucking walk, down a fucking highway, and across a fucking runway to get back here to have you smile in my fucking face. I want a fucking car... right... fucking... now.

who did it better? let's discuss

Owen liked these reviews