Us

Us ★★★★½

Okay, so this will contain spoilers so DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER if you have not seen the film. I'm warning you, there's a lot of shit that went down so I would recommend not having this spoiled...

Alright, now that that's out of the way, I can get into everything spoilery because I NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS FILM!! I loved every fucking second of it and there was so much that happened...I can't even right now, this movie was phenomenal and Jordan Peele is a master of his craft. I've been given more time to think this film over so I am fully prepared to say that I loved it and that the ending is very good (while not perfect).

First, the ending. Okay so what I got from it was that the shadows were created from a government experiment but they were supposed to replicate the souls too and they didn't so the government just kinda said "fuck it" and left them to rot in the sewers. Obviously we know from the ending that Adelaide was switched with Red when she was a kid and that "Red" is the true Adelaide while the Adelaide we've been rooting for was actually the double all along. I think the question here is how we can live with ourselves after finding out who we truly are, even though the message becomes a bit muddled because of the conflicting ideas. It seems that Red completely immersed herself in Adelaide's world to forget about the trauma she experienced in the sewers but tbh you never forget that soooooo it seems a bit confusing and disjointed but whatever I guess

The horror elements of this film work so well. This is the most I have ever been on the edge of my seat during a movie since I saw Coraline when I was six. This film is a beast at creating tension; it doesn't enable you to just SEE the horror unfold, it makes you FEEL it in your bones, every goddamn second of it and I loved it. Every sound, from the high-pitched to the most quiet, could be heard and felt in my body. The sound editors must've gone up to their computers and said: "If you want to get crazy, we can get crazy!"

But yeah this is without a doubt the best film of the year so far, every performance is off-the-charts amazing...I truly felt like I was a part of this movie rather than someone watching it and that's definitely the best compliment that can be given to pretty much any film. I'm so happy that a film this year actually lived up to the hype instead of falling on its face, in fact I think this film actually EXCEEDED expectations. I will be getting this when it comes out on 4K Blu-Ray DAY ONE BABYYY

Owen liked these reviews