Toy Story 4 ★★★★★

I love all the previous installments in this quadrilogy and I was not sure what to expect from this one. It was interestingly different in some ways and similar in others. The story combines elements from all three previous movies. New character coming into the fold (Buzz in the first one), an encounter with the toys from the past that were never played with (Pete and Jessy in the second), the owner of the toys making the next step in life (Andy in the third). There's also plenty of great action sequences and this time Buzz coming to the rescue of his friend Woody. A welcome addition is also a returning female character that is now independent, self-sufficient and extremely capable so she is either on par or beyond Woody's capabilities. The emotional connection between the child, the toys and the audience is still strong, even though we barely met Bonnie in the previous movie as opposed to Andy, who had three movies of character development.

Technically is a slight improvement over the Toy Story 3, which is due to the fact that we arrived at a point where significant improvements are not obvious to a naked eye in the animated films that do not strive towards pure realism. Voice acting is on par with all previous installments, which is a testament to the voice talent gathered for the original Toy Story that mostly kept returning.

I can confidently say that so far Pixar kept their promise not to do a sequel until they have a good story that makes logical sense.