Drive ★★★★★

Absolutely wonderful in most, if not all, regards. Wholly and completely impressed every time I've watched it. I don't enjoy giving seeming brainless and ceaseless praise to anything. However, this movie deserves it quite a bit.

The word I would best use to sum up a good deal of this movie is simply, "Intense". A little bit of an understatement in many cases and an overstatement in others. But the fact of the matter is that "intensity" is done right in this movie. It's not formed from "big man with big gun"; the intensity comes from the sound, framing, and the sparse dialogue used. It's not re-inventing the wheel by any means, my stand point is that this movie impressed me with the usage of very subtle techniques.

On top of everything you you have the acting. Rare is it where acting takes me into or out of a movie. Ryan Gosling's near silent and stoic performance as The Driver did not feel overdrawn or under the bar. After the movie I realized his acting set the scene and drew me into the world of Drive itself. And that, in my opinion, is good acting. Forgetting that you're watching this movie and being a real spectator in this new world you're watching.

Out of the artsy, dramatic talk. Real good movie. If you're looking for something dramatic and intense with a healthy pay-off... Drive.