“Making a movie is casting a spell” - Kenneth Anger
Insane, Lets play God, you are the 4th wall in the swampy murky muddy grotesque dystopian wastelands in a hellish fog of pure chaos and anti intellectualism animalistic behavior on an alien earth.. Forget about entertainment, pleasure, plots, the past and future none of that matters….
Fish like milk
Fear of Death is heresy
You’re on the edge of such a fiery abyss
Are there souls or are there no souls?
- David Cronenbergs adaptation based off J.G Ballards novel plays a fine line of a ridiculous premise but also a true masterwork of one the most unique films ever made. The weird erotic mood of the whole film is so strange yet so intriguing that by the end, you can start to make some sense of such a crazy weird fetish.
- All the actors performances were great but Elias Koteas as Vaughn really stood out, he played such a weird freak perfect.
“ maybe the next one darling, maybe the next one”
- Live Q&A post screening w/ Viggo Mortensen, Léa Seydoux, and Scott Speedman.
- I always adore the strange unique worlds Cronenberg builds, the dystopian city backdrop and weird set pieces I really loved in this film.
- The performances were good all around. Definitely felt Kristen Stewart was the stand out.
- I did find myself frustrated at the ending at first. I was expecting more and felt it ended abruptly but after sitting on it, I like how it leaves you to question the unknown.
- added half a star just because I’m in love w/ Léa Seydoux