The Mitchells vs. The Machines

The Mitchells vs. The Machines ★★★★

This was probably the most I laughed this year during a film an that makes The Mitchells Vs The Machines an absolute win. I wouldn't say that all the jokes land but 7 out of 10 does and they are laugh out loud hilarious or maybe I'm too immature.

The animation is gorgeous and yes it reminded me of Spiderverse's style but it didn't bother me as the comic book style is part of the narrative and it works fantastically.

The father daughter relation is handled very well and are in some parts poignant making us feel the emotions of the characters, each and every one of them.

Some minor nit picks I have with this one is that there were some instances were I felt the length and a trimming of 10-15 minutes would have made it razor sharp. Even though PAL was a great villain/character her storyline could have been done better especially the end.

Other than the above mentioned point, The Mitchells Vs The Machines is fantastic with great direction, voice acting, ohhh and the soundtrack was superb as well.

There are tons of references in this one I'm sure I might have missed a lot but hey the rewatch is coming soon babayyyy!!

Villeneuve Fanboy liked these reviews