Mulholland Drive

Mulholland Drive ★★★★★

Amazing -> All Time Favs (#13) & A Favorite Movie For Each Year I’ve Been Alive

I’ve been playing way too many video games lately so it’s actually been about a month since I’ve seen a movie. This was definitely a great choice to get me back in the zone and I can’t believe it took me this long to watch a David Lynch film, especially since Twin Peaks is my favorite tv show.

As for Mulholland Drive, it’s pretty much a masterpiece. Only Lynch can create such a unique and complex piece of art and there's not many other films in which every single sequence and character feels memorable and iconic. Naomi Watts gives a spectacular performance and Laura Elena Harring is completely captivating as her partner in crime. There are plenty of strange yet often hilarious moments and I loved every second of it. The ending is what really won me over and while it doesn’t give any easy answers, reading all of the theories afterwards was almost as fun as watching the movie itself. I’ll definitely be watching this one again and it’s gonna be a while until I can get that dark figure out of my head.

Vince liked these reviews