Stevie’s review published on Letterboxd:
Some things that Under the Silver Lake has a very excessive amount of:
– swimming pools
– naked ladies
– extravagant parties where everyone just kinda stands around
– Andrew Garfield's beautiful butt
– actresses who look like Selma Blair and then the camera moves closer and you say to yourself "oh damn I coulda sworn that was Selma Blair!"
– people barking like dogs (?)
– dialogue that sounds a lot like the stuff they'd say on That 70's Show when they would all get high and sit in a circle
– MORE naked ladies
Yes, this is a dollar store version of Blue Velvet with every metaphor spelled out.... yes, I deserve the worst in life for enjoying it as much as I did.....