Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy ★★★★★

Vprento’s 2014 Movies: Best to Worst

Part of Vprento’s Top 150 Movies of All-Time

YES! YES! Guardians of the Galaxy is the best movie that Marvel have ever made! I waited so long to see this, but it was well worth the wait. Best superhero movie of all-time and so far it's my favorite movie of 2014.

I usually prefer darker comic books movies. Guardians of the Galaxy is the complete opposite. It never takes itself seriously and it's hilarious. Screw Iron-Man, Thor, Cap, Hulk, X-Men and all the other more famous Marvel superheroes. The characters of Guardians of the Galaxy are incredible and they are perfectly cast. Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot are the best group of characters Marvel has ever put on the big screen. I really cannot decide if I like Star-Lord or Rocket more. Move over Tony Stark, Peter Quill, played by Chris Pratt, is now my favorite funny Marvel character. Yondu, played by Michael Rooker, was the character that surprised me the most. He was also incredible as the rest of them. Bradley Cooper was amazing as Rocket and Vin Diesel did a great job as Groot.

The soundtrack was like another main character. There are songs every 10 minutes, and all of them are great. The first thing I did when I came home was downloading the soundtrack.

The visuals of the movie are incredible. The characters all look amazing, especially Groot and Rocket. And unlike many movies these days, the 3D is pretty good. This is the best looking movie of 2014.

The story is pretty good, and the writing is top-notch. I laughed out loud many times during the movie. The villain characters are not as well-written, but it doesn't bother me that much. We spend little time with them. Other Marvel movies focus on the villain and his powers more, but that is because we already know the heroes. Here, the heroes were not that known, and their stories are what makes this movie great.

The Avengers needed 5 or 6 movies of backstory building, this needed none. James Gunn made a masterpiece. Well done! Did I mention that I am Groot? Now I did. Sorry Groot, but Team Rocket all the way. (Not a Pokemon reference.) If you somehow still haven't seen this, what the hell are you doing? GO NOW! I cannot wait for Guardians of the Galaxy 2!

Viktor liked these reviews