Interstellar ★★★★★

Part of Vprento’s Top 150 Movies of All-Time

Vprento’s 2014 Movies: Best to Worst

Part of Vprento’s Directors Ranked: Christopher Nolan

This is one of the best movies I have ever seen!

I watched it last night, and when I came home, I was staring at my screen, still in awe, thinking what to write. I really needed to sleep on it, to dream sweet interstellar dreams. And I did. Now I am ready.

Ever since Nolan announced that he was making a movie set in space, my excitement levels were growing with each passing day. Now, after seeing it, I can say that it passed my expectations with flying colors.

The visuals are breathtaking. This is one of the best-looking movies I have ever seen. And the amazing score by Hans Zimmer goes along perfectly with the visuals. Unfortunately, there is no IMAX in my country, but it looked great even on a normal screen.
I just loved the scenes in space with no sound in them. Kinda reminds me of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The acting was phenomenal. Matthew McConaughey continues his streak of awesome, Mackenzie Foy was great as Cooper's daughter. Anne Hathaway was brilliant, and so were the rest of the actors in the spaceship. The surprise actor was really good too. My favorite characters were the robots. They were so original and really funny.

I cannot count how many scenes of brilliance this movie had. The take-off, the airlock, the spinning hook, the breathtaking images of Saturn and Gargantua, the planets themselves, the scene near Saturn. Wait, I don't think there is a need to count brilliant scenes. Every single scene was brilliant.
Maybe you will dislike the first hour-I loved it.
Maybe you will dislike the last 30 minutes-I loved it.
I loved every single second of it.

Very few science-fiction movies are being made today. Most of them are science-fantasy, filled with aliens, with action scenes, with weapons and whatnot. This is one of the most unique and definitely the most ambitious movie I have ever seen.

Interstellar is perfection.