BlacKkKlansman

BlacKkKlansman ★★★★

d͟o͟ ͟w͟e͟ ͟h͟a͟v͟e͟ ͟t͟o͟ ͟t͟a͟l͟k͟ ͟p͟o͟l͟i͟t͟i͟c͟s͟ ͟?͟

This was such a fun time. Definitely not what I expected being a laidback cruise groove. Mainly because in history Lee is known for beating social commentary over the viewers head but here he’s very brisk and steady focus. I think this might just be my favorite film from him. Some of his other works are really good too but this was a nice surprise. With perfect combo performances of Washington & Driver it breathes this real life event into visual motion.

Which may also be my gripes as I’m not exactly giddy about movies that slap “based on a true story or events” on the poster. Along with other films it shares the error of making up most of the tension. I understand keeping the undercover cop’s identity unknown for the safety of him and his family which is okay to write around. But the movie doesn’t even take place in the same year and the ending is kinda egh. The whole buildup to it was fantastic pacing anyways. I still thoroughly enjoyed it with scenes that actually made me laugh out loud. I wish I saw it sooner.

Wade liked these reviews