Jojo Rabbit

Jojo Rabbit ★★★★

d͟e͟f͟i͟n͟i͟t͟e͟l͟y͟ ͟n͟o͟t͟ ͟a͟ ͟g͟o͟o͟d͟ ͟t͟i͟m͟e͟ ͟t͟o͟ ͟b͟e͟ ͟a͟ ͟n͟a͟z͟i͟

A very strange direction towards satire on very sensitive subjects—I mean I thought it was funny. But the idea of taking on past transgressions to develop an intriguing comical spin on nazis is a good way to deal with moving forward in the world. History is shackled with bad mojo and most people hang onto that for years. But Taika’s approach comes with us to learn from the past and quit re-living it. We all must move in the future as one in acceptance. Or some shit like that haha I’m most likely reading too much into it. So I used my fancy deductions to fill in the blanks. Whatever it may be, I still enjoy it as the tool of entertainment.

Johansson was marvelous on here and maybe my favorite role from her...mhmm. Besides some questionable plot points and random events this was a lot of fun! Cheers to the little actors: Davis, McKenzie and Yates for bringing amazing talents at their ages and overall forming the heart of the picture. The one scene at the gallows had me rinsed in sadness, I’m sure my soul shattered as it was filmed so good ugh fuck. Until the end I had a smile slapped on my face. The light humor mixed with impressive periodic scenery shows a more candid atmosphere in a rather one-sided written history.

Wade liked these reviews