Mulholland Drive

Mulholland Drive ★★★★

"There's a man...in back of this place. He's the one who's doing it. I can see him through the wall. I can see his face. I hope that I never see that face, ever, outside of a dream."

I can spend the rest of my life watching Naomi Watts and Laura Harring falling in love together and figure out the mysteries of life...oh my such beautiful creatures.

I watched this four times in the last week. Not because I was confused, just I was very compelled by it. Twice at home, once at my friend's and once at my moms. I remember seeing bits and pieces when I was a kid and was completely fucking lost haha. But now I'm seeing "lost" as a theme for this film then a conceivable understanding. This is one of Lynch's films I really wanted to revisit and I think I stepped on the welcome mat a little too much now haha

What I love about Lynch's films is this dream-like feeling of openness in a void of suspension. Everything is not answered and left to the bitter part of imagination. He makes the mind work for it's own answers which to me is the best storytelling there is. I know a fuckload of people that hate this film, even on Netflix it has 1 out of 5 stars!!! The reason being "It didn't make sense." or "just too weird." see this is the type of audience that doesn't want or lack the image of figuring out the mysteries of film like this. I live in an area where people love Adam Sandler movies and generic action films and it dumbs down the magic of visual storytelling. Don't get me wrong I love action films sometimes generic ones, but something about the inconceivable mind of ideas catches my attention always (especially from Lynch)

He brings out the uncomfortable feelings we don't want to think about...just like a dream. This film still gots my attention and tends to change my tone every time I see it. Not that I can't get enough of it, it just sets this "thinking" atmosphere for me (which I do enough already haha)

But goodness I can go on forever with films and a talented filmmaker like this but I hope you guys check it out and understand my blabbering

The Winkie's scene is by far one of the most interesting and creepy scenes I've ever seen.

Wade liked these reviews