The Favourite

The Favourite ★★★★★

This was the best film I got to see at BFI Fest. I love Yorgos Lanthimoses other films, I think The Lobster is one of the best genius movies ever made, The Killing Of A Sacred Deer is a bizzare and effective thriller/horror. I’m really glad that he’s finally getting enough attention to make bigger movies like this one.

The Favourite is in many ways, very similar to his other movies in terms of dialogue and tone, but the way he decides to tell the story is completely different. I love the dark humour in all of this films, and this movie is no expection.

I really enjoyed how this film was shot with all the wide angles and natural lighting, the technical aspects in this film were a big step up from his other films. All the performances were brilliant, with Olivia Colman giving the best performance of the movie. I really hope that she at least gets an Oscar nomination for this.

I’m not going to say a damn thing about the plot of this movie, but be prepared for a very different kind of love story.

Make sure to check out my new video on The Bye Bye Man, Click Here!