Captain America: Civil War ★★★★★

"Hey guys, have you ever see that really old movie, Empire Strikes Back?"

First, I saw the Fantastic Four reboot, which was absolute garbage: it was a mess, the story and the characters were completely wrong, and it was really boring. Naturally, I needed to watch something better to relieve my spirits, and I found it, and it's name is Captain America: Civil War.

Going in [after watching tons of "TV spots", and Trailers], my single greatest concern was that it would play out as more of a "Civil Dispute" rather than a Civil War.. but thankfully, what we got is absolutely the latter.. because people get hurt - both mentally and physically; with some very harsh and very real consequences attached.

There's just so much to praise, but arguably the best thing that I can think of, is the tone. Carrying over from Winter Soldier, this "darker" feeling furthers the storyline in the best way possible. If you're worried about character count, fear not! I know we saw a lot of characters in the trailers, but this isn't a bad thing.. In older super hero films, this generally meant bad news [I'm looking at you: Amazing Spider Man 2 and Spider Man 3] but not in this instant. In Civil War, each and every character is given their due; seemingly perfectly tied into the story and each receiving adequate screen time and narrative. Don't get me wrong on this though: Even if the movie is focused on Captain America VS Ironman, our new [and arguably the best] version of Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man are the real stars here. Seriously, my man crush on Paul Rudd was definitely shining through.

If I had to pick a single complaint, it would be our villain: Baron Zemo. Don't get me wrong, he was definitely "evil," [turning The Avengers against one another better than Loki ever could have..] but he seems to be another "one-off" villain..which Marvel seems to have a problem with lately. Will we see him again? Most likely not. I can forgive this smaller detail though.

Please go see Civil War! and don't read any spoiler-filled reviews before hand. It's a darker feel to the MCU, and it intends to stay that way. It's a sad day, because The Avengers - as a singular team - are officially "broken."

warrenisweird.com