The Dark Knight ★★★★★

Batman: “You’re garbage who kills for money.”
Joker: “Don’t act like you’re one of them, YOU’RE NOT! Even if you like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.”

The second dark chapter of The Dark Knight. Is it overrated? HELL NO! It truly is in my eyes a masterpiece! Not just as a superhero movie, but as a movie on its own. Everything about this movie brings us audiences the message of how even the purest people in the world could fall (Harvey Dent). Heath Ledger’s (R.I.P.) last performance delivers his best in this film! Not your average psychopath. Instead you have to agree on his point of view on humanity, knowing deep down they can be no different than those we label as “Criminals”. He truly is one of cinema’s greatest antagonist. Now yes, I think this film uses too much speeches from almost every character in this movie where I think at some points it can be more subtle. There’s a thing call “show, don’t tell.” But even masterpieces can have their problems, but everything else this movie does takes all those problems away that it really doesn’t matter where my brain just slips past them. One thing this movie improves from “Batman Begins” is the film structure and film pacing, which is why I think this is the best movie in the trilogy. Logan is my favorite comic book movie of all time, but every time I watch this movie, I tend to change my mind. If anything, Logan and The Dark Knight are truly some of the best work of art in cinema history! These movies are what should make people go to the cinema. There’s a lot you can take from them to apply to your own life! Thank you Mr. Nolan for creating something so spectacular and are continuing to inspire me up to this day (Dunkirk).

Joker: “Madness, as you know, is like gravity, all it takes is a little push.”

WestonKosina liked these reviews