I try not to write negative reviews anymore - the internet is already so full of hate - so I'll just say that I truly loved Diablo and Captain Boomerang and I'll do my best to forget about literally everything else.
Wish list for Chapter 3:
- More Laurence Fishburne (like, a lot more)
- More Ian McShane
- The return of Common
- The dog doesn't die
- The dog kills a lot of people
- A female character as badass as John that he DOESN'T kill. Make her the Willem DeFoe analogue.
- Something as evocative as "Killing Strangers" used in motif
- The credits sequence should include the kill count, shots fired, and accuracy demographics that you can find online for both of these movies.
- A setpiece as brilliant as the catacombs
- A happy ending
Film 3/3 from director Ridley Scott
Well, this is it. I’ve been putting off this review for a while. I’ve seen it a few times since joining Letterboxd. I have a tiny little review of it that I posted early. It’s one of the few films I have rated at 5 stars, and will likely always sit in my top 4 on my profile. It is a defining film for me; not just in my tastes, but how…
Bumping up to 5 stars, previously from 4.5. Why?
This came out less than a year ago, and I've seen it four times. It is rapidly shooting to the top of my most rewatchable films, ranking up there with the likes of Jurassic Park and Die Hard (and it just may be more rewatchable than either of those - I watch, I rewind, I watch again).
When this first came out, there was an insane amount of hype. By the…