Will Sloan’s review published on Letterboxd:
A few observations:
- It's sobering to realize how watered-down, Brett Ratner-directed 1998-era Jackie Chan action still blows anything from KUNG FU YOGA out of the water.
- Nifty hearing Lalo Schifrin riff on his ENTER THE DRAGON music during the opening credits.
- This is one of several Jackie Chan films in which the villains are smugglers of Chinese artifacts.
- The middle stretch drags.
- I'm never quite prepared for just how much Chris Tucker these movies contain.
- Brett Ratner insisted that Jackie change his haircut from the mop-top he wore for decades. I'm glad he did - Jackie looks cool here.