The Mitchells vs. The Machines

The Mitchells vs. The Machines ★★★★★

This film made me feel so happy, the animation was so charming and nearly every joke had me smiling and laughing out loud.

It feels so nostalgic even though this was my first watch because of the very early 2010 internet feel, especially with the final battle fought to Live Your Life by T.I and Rihanna (it samples the Maya-Hee, Maya-Ha, Maya-Hoo, Maya-HaHa), the big white font memes sent into groupchats and the type of content seen on youtube.

The story follows the Mitchell family throughout a robotic uprising and their attempt to save the world and, in my opinion, every character was great and the Mitchell family had such a natural oddness to them, Monchi the pug (or pig or loaf of bread) was standout because the slapstick just worked, but Aaron and Katie and Rick and Mitchell and even Eric and Deborahbot 5000 were all still so great. The visuals felt so crazy and colourful I couldn’t help but smile every time anything happened, but the film also balanced emotional weight well as it made me tear up a few times as well...

Overall I’d recommend this to anyone looking for a fun watch and a way to improve their day :)

Will😎 liked these reviews