Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood

Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood ★★★★½

One thing I have always admired about Tarantino is his writing. I know it's very well known but his screenplays are so unique. He's easily my favourite screenplay writer and one of my favourite filmmakers ever. Each film of his continues to get me excited even though I've seen them countless times.

Another thing that I found with Tarantino is that he always brings out the best in the actor. Some of the best Samuel L. Jackson performances are in Tarantino films and that's the same with people like Brad Pitt, Harvey Keitel, Christoph Waltz and many more. I don't know whether this is a hot take or not but I think that Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio are the Al Pacino and Robert De Niro of their generation. They both have so many incredible films and performances under their belts and they've still got so much more time to keep doing what they do best.

I can see why people don't like this film or why they find it boring but honestly, It's one of my favourite Tarantino films. In fact, it's in my top 2. It's the fast 2 hours 30 minutes I've ever experienced and has one of my favourite endings of all time.

Block or Report