Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood

Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood ★★★★½

"What a Picture"

To this day, I have no idea why I love this film so much. I don't know if it's the writing, the cast, the fact that it was my first Taranto film I saw in the cinema or if it's the set design/time period but I absolutely love it.

It's probably the funniest film he has made. I also think it's one of the best-looking films he's made. The whole look of it is great. The set-design is perfect. The fact that they pretty much shut down and changed some parts of Hollywood is amazing. I love all the references too. The shops/places, songs/artists and historical people are really cool to see when done correctly.

I need to mention the cast. I think Bard and Leo have some of the best on-screen chemistry I've seen. They are too good together in this. Margot Robbie is brilliant and it's cool to see Al Pacino in a Tarantino film. It's also nice to see Michael Madsen have a little role.

Like I said, I don't 100% understand why I love this so much but it's got some great acting, some brilliant music and is damn right funny.

(Probably my second favourite film by him)

Block or Report