Spider-Man: Far from Home

Spider-Man: Far from Home ★★★★

Exciting, very funny, endearing, and superbly entertaining, "Spider-Man: Far From Home" is yet another winning addition to the MCU while also making as a perfectly fitting companion piece to Endgame. Tom Holland is better than ever here as both Peter Parker & Spider-Man, as I can honestly say this officially solidified him as my favorite iteration as the character, and I thought this film did a tremendous job at exploring how difficult it is for this character to juggle these different sides of his life. Loved his chemistry with Zendaya here who is equally wonderful and really liked how their relationship was explored here. By no surprise, Jake Gyllenhaal is a fabulous addition as Mysterio, a total scene stealer and overall really appreciated where they took his character. Really the entire cast here are fantastic. I thought Jon Watts improved on some of the action here compared to Homecoming, and the film always moves at a consistently fun pace. Some of the jokes don't always completely land, especially one minor subplot in particular, but overall I really did have a great time with this. It feels like just the perfect summer blockbuster to go watch at this time of year, and features yes two amazing after credits scene that wonderfully set up not just more Spider-Man adventures, but also the future of the MCU. As of right now, I'd say this is definitely at least on par with Homecoming with some notable improvements. Can't wait to see it again!

willmoviefan97 liked these reviews