The Queen's Gambit ★★★★★

"I know what it feels like to lose. And now you do, too."

The Queen’s Gambit is one of the best things to come out of this year, it was some time since i've watched something so good.

This mini-series made me get hyped by chess, and that's a huge deal.

What i can say about this series...

It's masterfully crafted, it's so cohesive and well made. Scott Frank wrote and directed this so amazingly that i can't even put into words. Not one episode or scene feels unnecessary or dragged out.

The cinematography, oh my god, it's so good, the one takes, the way that the camera moves with the characters, the framming and composition, it's all amazing.

But for me the best thing here, is the acting, not one actor is bad here, all of them are perfect in their roles. Of course Anya Taylor-Joy steals the show as the main character, you can see all her evolution as a person an character throughout the show, but the other actors don't get behind, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Harry Melling, Moses Ingram, Marcin Dorociński, Marielle Heller, and all the others, are perfect here.

Overall The Queens's Gambit is a perfect work of art for me, it does averything right, it's cohesive and masterfully made.

- Will Neot