Synecdoche, New York

Synecdoche, New York ★★★★★

There is no movie like Charlie Kaufman's masterpiece, Synecdoche, New York. I watched this film twice a few months ago but did not know where to start when writing about this film. This is definitely one of the scariest films I have seen, not horror scary but the themes and just everything else about this movie seem so uneasy to think about, especially after watching it. Another reason why it's so scary is because of how honest it is, this film does not pull any punches at all. I know this is classified as a comedy and there are some good jokes from time to time, but this is definitely not the film you'd watch for the comedy. Caden Cotard is a very interesting character and I feel like everyone or at least most people can relate to him on some level which adds to the realism and how personal this film can be. Few films have hit me this hard on a personal level, this is an experience that will make you reflect on your life. This is definitely one of my all time favourite films ever and an experience like no other, I definitely recommend you to watch this film if you haven't.

wiseguy76 liked these reviews