Wax, or The Discovery of Television Among the Bees

Wax, or The Discovery of Television Among the Bees ★★★★★

it's safe to say that i've never experienced anything like this before, and i will most likely never experience anything like it ever again (though hopefully i might be wrong). there's no point in talking about production value, cinematography, acting, sound design, etc. don't get me wrong, the film has a lot of high qualities in several of those aspects, but it's pointless and completely fruitless to bring it up. this movie is a one-of-a-kind (and completely genious), why would i waste my time breaking it down into arbitrary numbers? when art (in general, not just movies) affects you, it essentially becomes a part of you, be it a good experience or a bad experience, and denying that part of you is simple disrespectful towards yourself.
Wax made me realise that boundaries are meant to be pushed, and not be considered a hindrance. i thought i already knew that, but Wax put it in a whole new light.

it's almost 5 am and at this point i'm just rambling. i've actually stopped rating movies because as i mentioned, i find it pointless. nevertheless i made an exception for Wax as i really need to express myself to the fullest about how i feel about this movie. more people need to see this movie. it's good shit.

Lars-Arne liked these reviews