Django Unchained

Django Unchained ★★★★★

I've been in a Tarantinoish mood lately so after rewatching my favourite of his movies, Inglorious Basterds last week I decided to do the same for Django Unchained, my second favourite, today. This is just a brilliant movie on every single level. Almost 3 hours long, it (mostly) flies by, it has such a great pace as you are constantly riveted by this story and entertained by its eccentric characters and awesome soundtrack. Jamie Foxx is awesome as our lead, the hero of the story Django, but having said that the supporting cast completely steals the show. I mean, you could make the argument that Christoph Waltz, Leonardo Dicaprio and Samuel L Jackson all deserved Oscar nominations (only Waltz got, and he won, well deserved). The scene where Dicaprio hurts his hand is arguably one of cinemas's greatest scenes, definitely one of my favourites of all time, and just a great villain moment. I've always liked Leonardo Dicaprio, I've always thought he is a great actor with a lot of range, but I remember this was the first time I thought he provided a completely transformative performance. The direction from Tarantino is again top notch, the music is fantastic, the characters are awesome, Django Unchained is in my opinion a masterpiece and one of my favourite movies of all time.

Xico5689 liked these reviews