Eternals

Eternals ★★★★½

Yo that rocks.

What makes this movie so awesome is that it focuses on being a bold and different movie first, and a superhero movie second. As a matter of fact, my least favorite parts of this movie are when it tries to be like other Marvel movies and set up future projects. This movie makes so many ballsy decisions that I was floored throughout the movie. It's very unique and that's the best thing about it. It constantly keeps you surprised. The action is super awesome. The music is wonderful. There's some line delivery by some of the younger actors that just doesn't work, but the acting is mostly amazing and some of the best I've ever seen in a superhero movie. The directing style feels like something out of another world and it felt like a whole new universe. There are some CGI shots that suck, but it's mostly incredible. I understand if the Marvel humor doesn't work for some, but I thought it was pretty funny. And it is amazing that they have actors of many different ethnicities, as well as a deaf character, an openly gay character, and heroes with many different body types. I adore this movie.

9/10
A-

Though, the after credits scenes are fucking abysmal. It's like they intentionally did the absolute worst ideas they could think of. Just horrendous.

Block or Report