Promising Young Woman

Promising Young Woman ★★★★

“Can you guess what every woman’s worst nightmare is?“ ✅

Promising Young Woman was absolutely fantastic. I wouldn’t call this a game changing or important film but this lived up to the hype for sure. I guess I’m gunning for Carey Mulligan to win Best Actress. She was so menacing and awesome in this role. When movies can let you enjoy such a psycho the script has done it’s job.

Bo Burnham was also very good in this movie. I didn’t really expect where his character would go. That is why this movie is also great, in its unpredictability. There is a difference between this and shock value but I found the story more interesting because the endpoint while clear was still unclear. I really liked the ending too. It was definitely surprising and it can make or break this film but it didn’t break it for me. Logically, it isn’t far fetched and thematically it works too.

Promising Young Woman can get uncomfortable at times which holds it back slightly though I don’t really have any large issues with this movie. It really is a blast with fantastic performances and no dull moments. The dialogue is on point, Emerald Fennell’s direction is unique, and it’s honestly hard not to have a good time with this one.

Block or Report