Interstellar ★★★★★

(Sorry for this but I just needed to rant.)

It pains me to see all the hate this film is receiving, but I don't blame any of you though. After all, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But here's a request: stop focusing on the flaws! I mean, come on, does this film really deserve only one star? Sure there's plot holes and too much exposition. But one star? What about the visuals? Practical effects? McConaughey's performance? Hans Zimmer's score? There's so many other things for us to focus on!

I don't mean any offense here, it's just that Nolan poured his heart and soul into Interstellar, it is by far his most ambitious film and I think it deserves more love! Nolan's passion here is undeniable, he hired a new cinematographer and a theoretical physicist as scientific consultant for his film, but what he got in return is "a boring mess" and "pretentious bullshit". Unbelievable! I'll admit this: I'm a hardcore Nolan fan. And we all know how annoying Nolan fanboys can get. But please, don't get blinded by hate, try approaching this film with an open mind. That's just my suggestion, of course. It's okay if you still don't like it. Who am I to judge? I'm just a kid who happened to be a film enthusiast, so don't mind me, just gonna sit here and drool at how marvelous Interstellar is.

YI JIAN liked these reviews