The Wolf of Wall Street

The Wolf of Wall Street ★★★★½

Martin Scorsese's "The Wolf of Wall Street" features such a frenetic, entertaining pace I swear there's never a dull moment. The performances have an electricity you can feel bursting off the screen. Leonardo DiCaprio is certain to earn yet another Academy Award nomination, but Jonah Fucking Hill? The fat fuck from "Superbad" and various other comedies who received a nomination for "Moneyball"? You mean to tell me that guy had another great role in him? Well I know I may sound like I'm asking myself questions, so I'll answer that. Not only did he have another great role, he's better here. That chubby bastard can really act! Scorsese did a fantastic job getting great performances out of everyone really. Other notables are Rob Reiner and Jon Bernthal who are great in supporting roles.

Overall it's just teeming with 80's excess! Sex, drugs, money, and shit tons of fucking money! The pacing is perfect in context with the film, the performances are off the charts, the story is pure entertainment, and it's all pretty damn funny! Top 5 of the year easy.

yorel1976 liked these reviews