My official film critic notes:
- Tarantino's foot fetish is at an all time high
- The dialogue and characters are solid but not as solid as in some of his other movies
- The movie kind of trades away Tarantino tension for Tarantino humor
- DiCaprio and Pitt are fantastic
- It feels like Tarantino's most random, meandering, and least serious movie which comes with it's down sides, and also some incredible upsides
- In the end it's very entertaining cinema
This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
While the visuals were stunning, I thought it was a strange choice to reboot Star Trek IV, with Captain Kirk now going back in time from the 23rd century to the 21st century to team up with Aquaman in order to save the humpback whales from extinction. Hilarity ensues, lessons are learned, and Spock makes a new fellow half-breed friend.
Overall, on a scale of tuna to bass, I would give it a salmon.