Fantastic Mr. Fox

Fantastic Mr. Fox ★★★★★

Thanksgiving 2020 Flick #2
We are all Wild Animals

This counts as a Thanksgiving movie because of the reoccurrence of rotisserie chickens, the great feast scene, and the autumn color palette. I needed to establish that first. What more is there to say about Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr. Fox. It is a masterpiece in every way you can imagine—gorgeous claymation paired with a color palette of vibrant oranges and bright yellows give us the best looking claymation movie of all time. An all-star cast consisting of George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Bill Murray, and the list goes on. A story that gets so incredibly deep for a movie on Disney +, with themes of existentialism, socioeconomic status, and the difficulties of being a parent. Our cast of foxes and badgers are dressed as humans and behave like humans, but they are all just wild animals at the end of the day. We can not be judgemental of others for simply being who they are. Wonderful scene after wonderful scene, George Clooney styled humor & wit, and an engaging plot fills this movie to the brim during its 87 minute watch time. This movie gets the Zach Gallegos 5-Star seal of approval. And remember, even in a world so divided and full of hate, we are all different, but there is something kind of fantastic about that, isn't there?

Favorite Oposssom: Kylie