Parasite

Parasite ★★★★★

I’ve seen this movie before.
I went in the theater, knowing what would happen in the end. I knew the twist, and the dark tone shift.
Somehow, I’m even more shook than my first viewing.
It’s amazing how much of an affect the shift in tone of Parasite has on everything. You’re laughing one minute and the next you are watching two families being torn apart, in such an unexpected, traumatic, realistic fashion. Bong Joon Ho wastes no time setting up the stabbing. It just happens out of nowhere, just like every tragedy, with only clues as the how it started.
It has an effect on the audience, and we see the change of views on our characters as they end up more desperate than ever, and it would be truly heartbreaking, but given the entertaining light tone in the beginning an the pervasive engagement, We as an audience are given no choice but to feel hope for the characters, as Bong Joon Ho wants us to, and knows we will.
I don’t even think we deserve something real like this. This is a fucking classic, and easily one of my favorite films of all time, and without a doubt the best movie of the entire year, and if you haven’t seen it,
SEE IT NOW